Check List for a successful stay
|Guest is spayed/neutered|
|Guest has the following vaccinations all up to date:
|Vet recommended flea prevention program (e.g. Frontline Spray, Advantage, Frontline Plus and Revolution) - May until November. Proof must be supplied|
|Guest is older than 6 months.|
If you answered "no" to any of the above, then your dog cannot stay at our facility.
Normally new clients cannot stay at our facility until the interview is successfully completed. This ensures that your dog will enjoy the stay and no other guest will get hurt.
If you live far away, then special arrangments can be made for you - please call to discuss (613 258 6875)
FoodYour dog must be accompanied by a sufficient quantity of food to last the stay (Note: if you are travelling by air, include extra food - we have had owners delayed by 3-days thanks to the airlines).
Food should be provided in an airtight container (no bags, except for below) labelled with your dog's name.
- Best way is to portion food into plastic bags for each meal (morning and night). If this cannot be done then provide your measuring cup and write the feeding instructions on the container.
- Multiple dogs who eat the same food can use the same container.
- If your dog gets one meal per day, please say so on the container
- Do not put mutiple meals in a single bag - one bag, one meal.
- List any food allergies on the food container.
- Do not bring your dog's food bowl.
- We have stainless steel dishes that the guests use at mealtimes.
- If your dog gets food treats, either with medication or for some other reason, we are happy to give them to your dog.
- Package them as for "food" above.
- If your dog is taking pills with food, then put it directly into the food bags so there can be no mistake.
- Pack medication in a clear plastic bag with detailed instructions for administration.
- Let us know if it needs special storage; otherwise, place it in the food container.
- Don't bring them as the pack will destroy them.
- Do not bring your dog's bedding; the pack may destroy it (it has happened before).
- Crates: can be supplied by the owner and we will use tham as you instruct, otherwise we do not crate/confine dogs.
- Please bring your dog's vaccination certificates if we do not already have them on file or if your dog had vaccinations recently
- We can make copies.
- Our local veterinarian clinic recommends that any dog going into an unfamiliar environment should be on a flea prevention regime.
- Normal flea season, in this area, is from May/June until November but other factors may extend this season. For example, apartment dwellers have a warmer environment and their dogs are at higher risk.
- Please bring proof of the vet recommended medication that your dog is using.
- Your dog's nails should not be long as they can cause injury to other guests and our staff.
- We provide a nail clipping service ($10.00 per dog), if required.
- Please supply your training collar if your dog has a barking problem.